Tuesday, August 30, 2016

To Live Another Life


Last night I had the most amazing dream that included a special friend.  It was one of those dreams that filled me with an overwhelming sense of love, not romance love, but, loving.  Most of my dreams last about as long as a TV commercial, or so it seems.  Small quips and short lived.  This dream was one of those that seemed to last all night, one that lends to not wanting to wake up.  Do you ever have dreams like that?  

Routinely, I drive my granddaughter to her morning workout and practice.  So we hop in the car and the minute I start it, as usual, she reaches for the radio, the song on the radio, "These Dreams" by the band Heart and the lyrics... 

"These dreams go on when I close my eyes, every second of the night, I live another life." 

Coincidence?

I hope that when you feel like a nap, while you gaze out your office window, or tonight when you rest your head upon your pillow, that you too....




2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Dave, there is a song by The Mamas and the Papas called "Dream a Little Dream of Me," and it's one of my favorite songs. You may be familiar with it. That's very strange that you heard that song with your granddaughter on the radio after having a dream of your own.

Wishing you good September days, Dave.

~Sheri

onesnevertooold said...

Yes, I have heard the song and is a 60's favorite. I especially love their hit Monday Monday. "It feels good to me" because Ive had Mondays off for the last 15 years, lol. My sweetest dreams are those that include a "special guest" :O)

Here's to wishing you sweet dreams and a wonderful weekend ahead.