Sunday, August 24, 2014

An Oath Of Devotion



"This is my 23rd year in business.  I am an animal lover."



May I introduce you to Etsy shop owner, team Vintage Vertigo member, and new found cyber friend...


Jody so graciously accepted an invitation to work with me on the following interview.  We hope you enjoy the read.

**********

Who is the person behind LibbyTrees, tell us a little about yourself?

"I just turned 61 years old....not quite sure how that happened...but it did. I was born and raised in Northern California and still live here just across the bay from San Francisco."


"I have my own pet sitting business called Jody's Pet Care and this is my 23rd year in business. I am an animal lover and I have several dogs...all of whom were found on the streets.
So...I am kept very busy pet sitting and running my Etsy shop."


**********





What inspired you to open an Etsy shop?

"About 3 years ago I helped my friend get ready for an estate sale at her mother-in-law's house.....and this house was packed full of 60 plus years of just about everything.





I gravitated to the vintage house and kitchen wares.....I started to do research on those items and I was hooked.










When the estate sale was over I started to look for more treasures and I found them....











the question was...what to do with them?









Another friend of mine had a shop on Etsy and suggested that I open a shop too....so I took the advice and here I am...






**********

What is it you love most about antique and vintage goods?









I LOVE history...











and that is what I love about vintage and antique items....


their history and the stories they could tell if they could talk."

**********

Are you a personal collector, if so, what?

Halloween...

it's my favorite holiday...








so I have quite a collection of Halloween items....










no vintage Halloween yet...but I am looking."









**********

Aside from LibbyTrees, what other hobbies/crafts do you enjoy?

"I love to read...

mostly mysteries....





watch British mysteries on Acorn TV....









cook....


and meet my friends for a good meal."

**********



Now for a little fun....







"The word that describes me best..."

**********

Which do you feel you are better at, dancing or singing, why?

"I am not really good at dancing or singing...but if I had to choose...it would be dancing...I can at least fake that."


**********

What extreme sport would you rather do, bungee or base jump, why?


"I am afraid of heights.....so neither...but again if I had to choose...it would be base jumping....when I am up high I always feel like jumping...so at least I would have a parachute!"

**********




Do you like reality TV programs, which is your favorite?

"I don't like reality TV...I guess the closest thing I watch to them are cooking shows."





**********

And lastly.....

What is your most essential appliance?

"My most essential appliance is my coffee maker...I have got to have my coffee!"


I couldn't agree with you more Jody!!!


**********
We hope you've enjoyed this little chat with Jody and please stop by her wonderful Etsy shop...







1 comment:

onesnevertooold said...

Hello Lorena! Wonderful for you to stop by and always my pleasure. I hope you and yours are well and thank you for your kind comments!