Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FiredUPp For WiredUPp


I'd like to share with you an Etsy shop owner who's creativity and personality stands out on its own.   Allow me introduce you to...


You may know her in chat as Blueyekittan29 and probably recognize the shop banner....




And now with no further ado...

 
My Etsy friend has so eloquently agreed to let me post this interview and give you some insight as to who she and her shop WiredUPp are all about.   I hope you enjoy.

__________________________________


Please tell our readers a little about the person behind the scenes at WiredUPp
My name is Jamie, I was born and raised in NJ. The Shore area, I loved growing up there, and then I moved to SC about 4 years ago. I am married to a wonderful husband and we have 6 beautiful children.


^
 My pal Jamie, she's
from Jersey

Your jewelry creations are unique and wonderful, what's inspired you to create jewelry?

"Thank you for your comment. People are my inspiration, nature, children, family, friends etc. Inspiration is all around me, to give me my great ideas. Just to see a simple smile or a reaction on a person face is all I need. I love it when someone is wearing my jewelry and is excited about it. It inspires me to continue doing what I love to do."



How long have you been creating jewelry?
                                        
"A couple of years"





 Do you have a favorite style?

"My favorite style is Victorian style, vintage, I love working with glass pearls."





VICTORIAN STLYED ----------------->






What would you say differenciates your jewelry from others?

"Good question! I try to stay with the styles of today, with a hint of yesterday. Most importantly, every piece has to have a little bit of me in it because I am unique."


GORGEOUS!

           Simple yet elegant            


If there were any one thing you could change or improve upon what would that be?


"I would add more hours to my day! I just don't seem to have enough of them hehee!"


Do you have a faved piece, one you could just not let go of?

"Yes, as an artist I'm sure a lot of people create pieces that are hard to let go of. I try to let them all go, but this one I just couldn't part with. I made a onyx and mother of pearl necklace, I put it in my shop, I went to bed thinking about how I didn't want to sell it. I just liked it that much, so that morning I took it out of my shop, and its been mine ever since.. YAY!"




Do you have a piece you've let go of you wished you'd not?

"Of Course, I just hope someone loves it as much as I."










           
 
Have you an interest in other creative hobbies?
 
"Yes, I have a couple other creative hobbies. I have been an artist all my life pretty much. I can draw, I love to paint. I went to college for graphic art, Photography, jewelry design, and I like to sing."

 
 
 
What do you like to do for fun, unwind?


"In my down time, when I'm not creating something. I like to spend time with my children, my husband, family and friends. Take long drives, listen to music, read and just relax, getting lost in my thoughts and taking it all in."  

_____________________________________

Humor me if you will?....


Ever munched on the produce at the grocery store?









"Noo ( i was always afraid i'd get in trouble)"

                        I always snack on the grapes, teehee                       



Ever flipped someone off while driving?


"Yes, I'm from Jersey..enough said! lol"

I know what you're thinkin.... who hasn't??


Ever had someone flipp you off while driving?








                                           "Of course, again I'm from Jersey..lol"



Have you ever bought an outfit or shoes for a special occasion, wore them, then took back to store for refund?

"No, I have such a problem going back and returning things. I have always either waited till I forgot I had the item. Or I give it away to someone who wants or needs it."



Ever hit a car parked in a shopping center with your shopping cart?


"Yess...it was the winds fault! Oopss!"

Holy shopping cart Lady!



Ever cried your way out of a speeding or other traffic ticket?

"No! I never got a speeding ticket. =D"
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Uh hu, tell that to the judge


Pet peeve?


I think my biggest pet peeve would have to be, chairs not being pushed in. If you have to pull a chair out to sit in it, why not push it in, when your done sitting? hmm seems yet to be a mystery around my house?

Get rid of the chairs!! hehe




Fave color?


Red





                      Fave food?
                                                                       Chinese food


                                                                                                              
   Fave drink?
                                                                                                                                        Rootbeer float =)


Fave song?

It's really hard to choose just one song. I love all types of music, but if I had to choose an artist, It would be Tim McGraw, I love his music. =)




Fave Movie?

I'd have to say, there are a lot of good movies out there, but my favorite is The Breakfast Club. I love 80's movies! 16 Candles, Urban Cowboy, ..lol..hmmmm? I think I have a thing for cowboys..lol wow, who knew!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 I shudda been a cowboy??
 
_____________________________________________________
 
 
On that note.....
 
Jamie and I hope you've enjoyed the interview and that you'll visit WIREDUPp on Etsy.   Jamie's always happy to answer any questions and will do custom orders upon request.   You can click on the link below to visit and browse her shop.
 
 
 
 


 
A special THANKS to you Jamie,
 for taking the time to help me with
and allowing this interview.
 
_____________________________________________
 


8 comments:

Jamie Estelle Jewelry said...

Thanks for doing a blog on my shop, it turned out great =)

onesnevertooold said...

Hi You,

Was my pleasure and again, thanks for your help as well!! A nice team effort I'd say! Hehe.

Have a great day!

Loreesjewelrybox said...

thanks for introducing me to anothe jewelry designer and letting me see the person behind the avi!! Very nice jewelry...

onesnevertooold said...

Hi Loree,

Thanks soo much for the visit and your kind comments. I'm sure Jamie will appreciate your kind comments as well! Have a super weekend!

Jamie Estelle Jewelry said...

Yes, thank you so much for your kind words. NeverTooOld is a great blogger! =)

Jenn Yarborough questions from a blogger in 2012 restarting in 22 said...

wow! what an inspiring read!! I like Tim Mcgraw and cowboys too!!!

onesnevertooold said...

Hi JFA!

Thanks soo much for your visit and kind comments! Yes, Jamie is a pretty cool and interesting gal and artisan. Lol, oh I knew I should have been a cowboy, ha!! Hope you've a great week and thank you again!

onesnevertooold said...

Awwww BKD, you are 2 kind :o) thankies!!