Friday, November 25, 2011

For The Love of Vintage Militaria


This just does it for me.  I love when I happen upon vintagicity such as this....


A WWII Airforce dress uniform that includes the original Ike jacket, (with patches, ribbons, and stripes) pants, and shirt.  Along with the dress uniform was a standard issue uniform of the same less the patches and stripes.  In the inner pocket of the jacket I found this patch....


The young man issued this uniform belonged to the 15th Airforce established November 1, 1943.  Vintagicity like this is just hard to let go of, however, I can't keep it all so I'm hoping a militaria collector may find this of interest.

 

2 comments:

nbrsspot.blogspot.com said...

That is cool. i wont be doing much crafting of late. i hurt my finger after i got in a car accident yesterday. i could use some sales for x-mas though..

onesnevertooold said...

Hi Again,
Ooooo so sorry to hear of your finger/hand hope all is ok otherwise? Yeah, sales been extremely low for me this season too, but I just keep adding more goodies in hopes that it picks up. Hope your sales pick up too. Merry Christmas to you and yours!